NHRA West Central Division Memorandum
Up To Date As Of Wednesday, August 24, 2020
- Track’s will be allowed to have two full teams for 2021 only.
- Eligible competitors need to be on the 2020 or 2021 points lists.
- Competitors will have the option of purchasing their race entry and crew passes online from the track’s website or the direct links are listed below. heartlandmotorsports.us
- There is a small 3rd party admin fee.
- Racers will be sent a link to complete their tech card online. ALL COMPETITORS MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE TECH CARD, no paper cards will be given. ly/D5ETFinals
- If the competitor will be purchasing at the gate, you will need to provide them the tech card link. ly/D5ETFinals
- Everyone will still be required to sign the paper waiver at the facility.
- Racers do not need to print the tech card; the tech card will be automatically sent to the division office. Racer DO need to print the tech card confirmation email. THIS WILL BE THEIR RUN CARD and will be needed in the lanes to run their car.
- There will be no bleachers or large congregating on the starting line.
- There will not be access to Race Control in the tower. Any questions can be texted to me or any member of the Steering Committee.
- There will not be a track operators/managers meeting. All communication will be thru email or text. It will be important that I have the name of the track representative and phone number prior to the event.
- The Saturday Celebration will be in the stands. Social distancing will be required.
- We have a random number calculator that will be used to draw the winners for the prizes.
- Everyone must have a good time!
Attached you will find the blank “Team Roster” – If you choose to fill it in, we will trust your findings; if you do not we will be completing this column and highlight/flagging all expired persons. Also added you will see “Team Leader” at the top of the sheet, this will help us know who oversees each team, and who we need to contact for changes during the event.
The following couple pages are a few of the key policies to remember in preparation for the ET Finals.
Your Check List:
- 09/08/20 – Points List (must be electronic or typed, NO HANDWRITTEN LISTS)
- Make sure your racers have filled out the online tech card. They may purchase their entry and crew fee’s online https://bit.ly/2EAwKh9 or http://bit.ly/etfinal2020 for crew passes.
- 9/15/20 – Team Roster (use provided excel sheet if at all possible)
- Distribute racer information sheets to all team members.
- Minor waivers completed for all competitors under the age of 18.
(one required w/ nhra competition number/license registration & one also may be required at gate entry by hosting facility)
- Completed notarized waiver will also be required for any ‘crew person’ 14-17 years old, planning to be in ANY restricted area. – Please have your team prepared.
- Bring your team spirit!!
Phone 816.795.8055 ● Fax 816.795.0515
Division Services Coordinator – email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Division Tech Director – Bob Blackwell – email@example.com
Division Director – Rob Park – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top points earning teams the previous season, have priority choice on parking spot for their team.
- Allotted parking space is based on team size. The team leader is responsible for positioning the entire team within the space allotted. (example: if a racer is bringing a truck & trailer plus separate RV, you will need to find a way to fit in your allotted space available or park extra vehicles without taking away from another team’s space)
- The parking map cannot be completed and distributed until all team rosters have been received.
- For special requests have the team leader contact the division office
- PRE-RACE PROCEDURES – CONTESTANT CREDENTIALS
- Must have current NHRA Membership & ET Competition Number.
- Minors must have notarized minor waiver completed by BOTH PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIANS.
1-5 PRE-RACE PROCEDURES – TECHNICAL INSPECTION
Technical inspection for the NHRA/ Summit Racing ET Finals must be completed online using the provided link.
All participating High School competitors must fill out the online tech card and be certified by the NHRA Certification Team at the event. Competitors must present all relevant safety equipment to tech official.
Tech spot checks will be conducted at the event site also.
4-12 RACE PROCEDURES – TEAM SIZE
Each track may bring two (2) teams consisting of 36 racers. (points will be tracked separately per team) This 36-member team can be a combination of any of the 4 classes. In addition, each track may bring up to four (4) high school students and their points will also count toward to team total. The High School competitors may not race in any other category.
Track POINTS LIST (9/8/2020) must be in the West Central Division Office no later than the Tuesday following Labor Day. It must be computer generated or typed.
The actual TEAM ROSTER (9/15/2020) must be in the West Central Division Office no later than the Tuesday before the event is scheduled to begin. This list must also be computer generated or typed.
Please use attached excel file, Team Roster. This will make registration go much quicker and easier for everyone. If you have trouble opening the file please contact Chris at the Division Office ASAP.
Final Team Roster may be amended by no more than 6 changes and these amendments must be finalized by the time registration closes on Thursday, prior to racing on Friday.
Each track is allowed to list two alternates in addition to their 36-member team roster. The alternates may replace a team member until the start of eliminations for that category. The alternates are also eligible to enter the gamblers races.
Track penalty for failure to send in points list and team list by the deadline set up by the NHRA West Central Division office, will be $300.00. The $300.00 will go to the ET account.
4-13 ET BREAKS AND CLASSES
SUPER PRO…………….. 7.00 TO 11.99 (electronics)
Computer, unless OEM stock, and Stutter boxes –PROHIBITED Delay boxes, transbrake, four-wheel line-loc, automated shifter, throttle control and starting line and or “high side” rev limiters permitted. Data Recorders – Permitted. Lower engine containment device required for all vehicles running 9.99 or quicker.
PRO ET…………………… 9.00 TO 13.99 (no electronics)
Computers, unless OEM stock, Data Recorders, Stutter boxes, Throttle stops and Delay boxes are PROHIBITED. Transbrake/Dual line-loc’s are allowed as long as the wiring consists of a single continuous wire from the power source to a switch and a single continuous wire from the switch to the transbrake or line-loc. All Trans-Brake/Line Loc buttons must be NHRA Accepted (List of accepted buttons can be found on NHRA.com) Two step rev limiter – Permitted. Automated shifters– Permitted. NO TOW VEHICLES. Lower engine containment device required for all vehicles running 9.99 or quicker.
SPORTSMAN……………. 11.60 TO 19.99 (no electronics)
Computer (unless OEM), Data Recorders, Delay boxes, Transbrake, automated shifter (unless OEM), Throttle stops and Stutter Boxes PROHIBITED. Two-wheel line loc’s only are permitted. Ignition: Single stage, ‘high side’ rev limiter permitted. Starting line rev limiter prohibited. Rev limiter or any other rpm limiting devices, legal unto themselves but altered or installed in so as to function as a down-track rpm controller prohibited. Crank Trigger is PROHIBITED unless OEM Distributor less ignition. Slicks are permitted, and mufflers are optional. NO TOW VEHICLES.
SUPER PRO BIKE……… 7.50 TO 14.00 (electronics)
Same rules apply as in Super Pro (Lower engine containment device not required)
HIGH SCHOOL………….. 12.00 and SLOWER (no electronics)
Reserved for full bodied cars with full fenders, hood, grille, top, windshield, and functional doors. Nitrous prohibited. Foot brake only. NO TOW VEHICLES.
4-14 RACE PROCEDURES – RACE OF CHAMPIONS
There will be a “Race of Champions” in each category at the ET Finals. For a track to be eligible, they must have at least five (5) registered participants in the ET Finals. Each track’s representative will be determined solely by that track. Car/Bike must be entered in the ET Finals to be able to compete in the Race of Champions.
A Race of Champions will be competed in all 5 categories, including High School.
4-15 RACE PROCEDURES – HIGH SCHOOL COMPETITORS
The High School Bracket will be open to any high school student that currently holds a valid state driver’s license or a NHRA competition license and is currently enrolled or has graduated from high school the previous spring semester preceding the current NHRA/Summit Racing Series ET Finals. High school competitors will not be allowed to enter any other eliminator. High school competitors will need to have a permanent NHRA number and a full or an associate membership. This class will be a foot brake only class and no electronics will be allowed. High school round wins will count for points in the team championship. All participating High School competitors must be certified by the NHRA Certification Team at the event. Competitors will present all relevant safety equipment to tech official.
All competitors under the age of 18 must have a notarized minor waiver completed by both parents/guardians on file with the NHRA competition number/license registration.
Also be prepared as the hosting facility may require an additional completed waiver at the gate entry as well.